Contract Manufacturing Manager
Company: Alchemee (formerly The Proactiv Company)
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: June 24, 2022
At Alchemee, we aspire to inspire by creating science-based
solutions that are as effective as they are transformative.
Alchemee's portfolio of brands deliver effective products rooted in
introducing wellness options that provide life changing results and
empower the world one person at a time.Our flagship brand,
Proactiv, is a leader in treating acne and has helped more than 20
million customers achieve clear skin. Simply put, at Alchemee our
vision is to inspire the world to feel comfortable and powerful in
their own skin and our mission is to create science-based solutions
that provide better skin for life.We are looking for
forward-thinking individuals who are driven with a customer-first
approach. Individuals who thrive on challenge and are ready to
grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally
believe every colleague brings unique value to our whole. We are a
workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can
contribute their unique talent to our collective effort.The
Manager, Contract Manufacturing will own the performance of our
contract manufacturing partners, raw ingredients, and component
suppliers. This position is responsible for ensuring in stocks at
plants of all raw materials and components, ensuring sufficient
weeks of supply, and ensures our CMO's perform so that we can
execute to customer delivery expectations On Time In Full.The ideal
candidate is forward thinking and proactive about identifying
opportunities for improvement while developing solutions. This
person has a passion for bringing best practices into the business
while actively sharing business perspectives, knowledge and lessons
learned to contribute and support a best-in-class global
- Own execution of component, raw material, and finished good
production plans and delivery schedules.
- Ensure duel sourcing across supplier base, execute RFI/RFP's,
procurement best practices to ensure right partnerships.
- Create, foster and own strong working relationships with
supplier / contract manufacturing partners and key internal
stakeholders to support a consistent and seamless flow of
information, anticipate any potential problems and maintain smooth
supply chain operations.
- Own supplier performance evaluation through weekly, monthly and
quarterly reporting metrics (e.g. schedule adherence, on-time
delivery, production rate of components and finished goods.
- Work with planning and operations on balancing supply
availability & proactively own the downstream execution.
- Lead and implement continuous improvement initiatives with key
strategic suppliers: cost savings, lead-time and minimum order
quantity reduction, increased inventory turns, improved processes,
- Other duties as assigned.Education, Knowledge, Skills, &
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Finance
or Logistics, preferred.
- Seven or more years sourcing experience in Personal Care,
Pharmaceutical or Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- Three or more years of experience managing teams including
staffing and performance development.
- Three or more years of Contract Manufacturing experience.
- Experience working in fast-paced start-up environment,
impeccable attention to detail, and ability to base decisions off
of facts and data.
- Strong contract negotiations skills and project management
- Knowledge and/or experience with manufacturing systems (MRP,
ERP, forecasting, etc.)
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
(Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and other computer systems.
- Manufacturing, Lean Thinking Principles / Six Sigma, Finance,
Planning and/or Logistics experience, preferred.
- Oracle 11i experience, preferred.
- Travel requirements 20%.We are an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees.Note: Please, no external agencies or
Keywords: Alchemee (formerly The Proactiv Company), Santa Monica , Contract Manufacturing Manager, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!