Company: Commercial Bank of California
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Makes and services all types of business and individual loans
and lines of credit and supports Market Presidents, Business
Development Officers, and Relationship Managers to underwrite new
credit facilities, which may include Investment Property Commercial
Real Estate loans, Working Capital Lines of Credit, Asset Based
Lending Lines of Credit, Equipment Financing loans, and/or other
Term Loans for the Bank's existing and prospective clients.
Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of Credit Authorizations
in accordance with Bank's policies and procedures for presentation
to senior credit personnel and/or credit committees. Spreads and
analyzes financial statement information to determine financial
capacity of Borrower(s). Prepares a thorough analysis of business
and/or personal financial statements, along with any collateral
related source documentation, and presents facts to provide
objective analytical opinions, as appropriate, concerning the
creditworthiness and/or financial wherewithal of existing borrowers
and prospects. Establish a strategic outline to develop business
operating/depository accounts with the Bank. Calls on existing
customers to retain business and promote additional Bank services.
Represents the Bank at various business related, as well as
community functions to further enhance the Bank's image, with the
goal of developing additional business to the Bank. Develop a
significant referral network to enhance operation of deposit and
loan relationship to CBC.PRIMARY FUNCTIONS (Other duties may be
- Maintain a portfolio of Commercial Real Estate and C&I
loans and ensure that credit is granted on sound financial
structures that minimizes risk while providing an adequate return
for the Bank.
- Process credit application for new business; complete
applications; meet with Credit Administration to approve, reject
and re-structure loans.
- Recognize and act on customer prospects; attempt to cross sell
other opportunities and Bank products with existing customers.
- Interacts independently, without direction with
customers/prospects to request financial information to complete
spreading presentations and other financial analysis and creates
accurate financial statement spreadsheets and debt service analysis
derived from business and personal financial statements and tax
- Review appraisal, environmental, and title reports to determine
reliability and support for credit request.
- Make proper referral of loan opportunities to lending
- Enhance the image and recognition of the Bank in the business
and professional community. Interacts directly with loan officers
and customers/prospects regarding commercial business loans, and
works closely with staff in structuring, analyzing and approving
commercial business loans.
- Prepares accurate Credit Authorizations in conjunction with
Bank sales and credit officers, and presents a complete and
thorough analysis of existing and potential borrowers.
- Promote a team atmosphere and coordinate with other personnel
in the management of shared account relationships.
- Makes decisions on administrative and operational matters
pertaining to deposits and lending.
- Complete weekly updates of Pipeline Report to ensure accurate
tracking and status of lending deals within loan pipeline; monitor
loan portfolio and ticklers.
- Track monthly Borrowing Base Certificates; monitor revolving
lines of credits and potential monthly trends analysis to be used
for potential renewals, extensions, and/or increases on subject
lines of credit.
- Maintains an accurate, up-to-date tracking log of all activity
and credit arrangements in process.
- Collects industry information relevant to existing and proposed
borrowers using internal & external sources.
- Trouble-shoot loan account issues with Operations, Wire, New
Accounts and Note Departments.
- Handle customer request and complaints with prompt,
professional and courteous attention.QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION AND/OR
EXPERIENCE:High School Diploma; Bachelor's degree from an
accredited four-year college or university; graduation from a
Formalized Commercial Credit Training Program; at least 7-10 years
related work experience; or an equivalency combination of both
education and experience. A Graduate Degree in Finance or MBA a
plus, but not necessarily required.Knowledge of:
- All areas of business lending and inventory financing
- Credit structure - all forms
- Banking and financial terminology and operations
- Strong knowledge and fundamentals of accounting principles, tax
return analysis and analytical interpretation of balance sheet,
income statement, and cash flow analysis.Abilities:
- Enter data in personal computer and use calculator; operate
telecommunications equipment and other office equipment.
- Proficiently use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and another
specialized financial systems software.
- Plan, organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Analyze and solve work related issues and obstacles.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate effectively with staff, management, customers,
public and private representatives, vendors and other parties.
- Communicate clearly, either orally and in writing
- Possess strong sales and marketing ability to sell Bank
- Manage priorities to ensure effective accomplishment of
- Handle strong volume of work flow from various sources.
Keywords: Commercial Bank of California, Santa Monica , Portfolio Manager, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!