Assistant General Manager
Company: Burger Lounge
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Assistant General Managers are invited to join the Burger Lounge
team! Tips average $4-6 on top of the hourly rate. With our Instant
Pay benefit, you work today and get paid tomorrow. Every day is pay
Work Where the Grass Is Greener:A great career starts with the best
ingredients. Were on a mission to make things better and were not
just talking about our grass-fed burgers. Were also here to put
Loungers in the best place for them to succeed. After all, to turn
our food into an experience, we dont just need people we need
personalities. We celebrate the uniqueness of our employees,
recognize true talent and reward a job well done. Join us today and
see why the grass is greener at Burger Lounge.Ideal Loungers:
- Will be proud to serve food that honors the body and
- Expect & deliver impressive results
- Never settle for less, even the best can be better
- Speak and act with kindness & respect
- See every day as an opportunity to have fun with their team &
- We encourage everyone to Be Uncommon, Be YOU!
Job Title: Assistant General ManagerDepartment/Group: Front of
House (FOH)Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non-ExemptReports To: General
ManagerJob Summary: Assistant General Managers assist the General
Manager in all day-to-day operations. AGMs may be called on to work
in the capacity of Food Presenter, Greeter, Expo and in the
back-of-house at times as needed. AGMs must be able to demonstrate
a thorough understanding of all FOH and BOH positions, operations
and regularly assist the GM in maintaining a smooth operation to
ensure guest and employee satisfaction. Work schedules fluctuate
based on business need, requiring employees to work days, nights,
weekends and holidays.Essential Functions:Maintains consistent
customer service focus always, showing pride of ownership and a
sense of urgency to delight the Guest. Enthusiastically greets
Guests with a warm, genuine welcome. Consistently follows G.O.A.L.
standard of service (Greet, Offer of Specific Service, Anticipate
Guest Needs, Leave a Lasting Impression).
- Training New Staff- May assist GM with training front-of-house
employees on Burger Lounge standards and expectations.
- Food Presentation Uses Burger Lounge dialog combined with
clear, organized presentation of food, key words, offer of a
specific service (the O in G.O.A.L.), and appropriate carrying
techniques for carrying 3 plates, when required.
- Sauce Protocol Understands and follows sauce protocol
procedures on how to offer, pour, and present sauces.
- Circulating the Dining Room Exhibits soft skills such as social
awareness and perception of non-verbal cues, reading the table, eye
contact and verbal engagement.
- Beverage Preparation Brews iced tea and lemonade, prepares
milkshakes and floats, and pours beer and wine (if over the age of
- Menu Demonstrates strong comprehension of Burger Lounge menu
including recipes, allergens, and dietary restriction
- Order Taking and Greeter Dialogue Processes Guest orders in
person or by telephone using the POS, handles cash and credit/debit
card transactions with accuracy while upholding register
- Cash Handling Follows all cash handling procedures, including
fraud protection, and properly assigns and checks out drawers as
- Primary vs. Secondary Responsibilities
- P Primary: Presents food to Guests, circulates dining room for
service opportunities, pre-busses and busses tables, and greets
Guests who are walking into the restaurant, standing in line, or
exiting the restaurant.
- FP Secondary: Maintains clean floors, busses and washes dishes,
cleans and restocks bathrooms, wipes windows, and rolls
- Greeter Primary: Processes Guest orders at the register,
simultaneously pours beverages, answers questions about our menu,
and keeps the front counter area clean and organized.
- Greeter Secondary: Restocks the ice bin, lemons, and mint,
dries clean tumblers and glassware, preps milkshakes, and adjusts
credit card tips.
- Communication Communicates regularly and consistently with
Guests and employees working in other stations (BOH and FOH) to
optimize service levels. Works well with and partners with all
staff (FOH and BOH) to ensure execution and guest
- Opening and Closing Conducts FOH opening and closing tasks per
standards as required.
- Other tasks as assigned.Qualifications and Education
- 1+ year of recent restaurant supervisor experience.
- Strong customer service personality and skills. Exhibits
- Prior experience in a customer service or restaurant
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a fast-paced
- Reliable transportation and ability to arrive to work on time
and maintain a positive attendance record.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends,
holidays and evenings.
- Good communication, organization, and interpersonal skills to
establish and maintain effective working relationships with
- Current Food Handlers Card. Our preferred vendor is
ServSafe.Preferred Skills: Multi-tasker, safety-minded, team player
and strong work ethic (you care about your team and the job you
perform).Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and verbally
communicate effectively and professionally with other business
departments, Guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal
with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent
level of professionalism.
?Our Company offers a variety of benefits including:
- Instant Pay+Tips (daily tips + up to half of a shifts earnings
paid the following business day)
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision package for employees
averaging 25+ hours weekly
- Free employee shift meals
- Pre-Tax Parking & Transportation Benefit + 50% employer
- Discounted wellness, tickets, and travelOur employees average
$4-6/hour in tips. We believe every position is important in
enhancing the guest experience and tips are paid out equally across
Employee Safety During The COVID-19 Pandemic:Burger Lounge takes
employee and guest safety very seriously. During this time, we have
instituted additional measures to ensure your health and well-being
- Social Distancing Guidelines
- Mandatory face coverings (PPE) for all employees
- Mandatory gloves for all employees (with the exception of
- A stringent clean and disinfect/sanitize policy adopted from
Burger Lounge is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and
participates in E-Verify
Brand: Burger Lounge
Address: 213 Arizona Ave Santa Monica, CA - 90401
Property Description: Santa Monica
Property Number: 1010
Keywords: Burger Lounge, Santa Monica , Assistant General Manager, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!