Director, Program Management
Company: Neogene Therapeutics
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Neogene Therapeutics is a pre-clinical stage biotechnology
company aiming to change the treatment paradigm for solid cancers.
Our mission is to provide cancer patients with T cell therapies
targeting mutated proteins called neo-antigens, which are present
on cancer cells as a consequence of DNA mutations. Neogene is
developing novel technologies to enable the engineering of
'designer T cells' with neo-antigen specificities that display an
optimized ability to seek and destroy cancer cells. We are seeking
a highly motivated and experienced Program Manager to build, manage
and grow Neogene. This position will be located in Santa Monica, CA
and directly reporting to the Vice President, Clinical Development
in the U.S. This individual will have responsibility for the
cross-functional planning and execution of one or more programs
including definition of the cross functional operational strategy,
management of timelines, cost, quality, and risk assessment and
mitigation. The Program Manager provides an independent voice to
shape the overall program and project strategy and drive optimal
decisions for the broader portfolio value. Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for creating and maintaining a cross-function
development plan, timeline and budget for each program and ensuring
- Ensures all decisions are assessed as to their risks and
impacts. Accountable for communication to team and stakeholders in
a transparent and timely manner.
- Proactively identifies risks and ensures mitigation plans are
- Accomplishes strategic objectives by overseeing multiple
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and
recommendations to strategic plans and reviews and preparing and
completing action plans.
- Facilitates the program strategy and timelines together with
cross functional leads.
- Leads scenario planning with clearly defined decision
- Navigates the decision-making process with cross-functional
- Ensures effective and efficient communication within and
outside of the team.
- Advises on governance expectations and prepares for key
decision point discussions with focus on cross-functional input and
- Oversees and prepares program team budget including resources
and costs, collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned. Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Physical
sciences or other relevant discipline. Advanced degree
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical
industry, preferably in the early development space.
- Demonstrated competency in drug development expertise with
solid understanding of disease area and drug development pathway
with the ability to contribute to strategic discussions.
- Leadership skills including situational leadership, ability to
lead a team of experts and influence without authority.
- Strong communicator able to integrate and succinctly summarize
the various parts of a project and effectively tailor messages to
audience including senior leadership.
- Guides the preparation of high-quality documents and
presentations for review at governance committees.
- Ability to resolve complex problems and manage difficult
- Ability to lead the development of critical path analyses and
- Excellent project management skills - drives execution while
balancing speed, quality, and cost.
- Experience with commonly used project management tools
including but not limited to Microsoft project. We offer the
opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotechnology company. You can
expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep
scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell
therapies. We value pro-active team-players who pursue their goals
with dedication, endurance and a daring mindset. If you share our
commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide
a unique opportunity to be a major contributor to the success of a
well-positioned, well-financed growth-stage biotechnology
Keywords: Neogene Therapeutics, Santa Monica , Director, Program Management, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!