Senior Media Manager
Company: Sinclair Broadcast Group
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Tennis Channel---s Senior Media Manager ensures the proper
acquisition, organization, maintenance, and distribution of all of
Tennis Channel's production media. This individual works closely
with the entire team of media managers. Our senior media manager
takes the lead and sets the standard in facilitating the media
needs of all departments and third-party vendors of Tennis Channel.
These responsibilities include but are not limited to Tennis
Channel---s----regular need for footage to be made available to
produce shows, both domestically and internationally, to input the
proper metadata on all digital content, to work with loggers to
ensure proper metadata is being entered on match feeds, to organize
and archive all----of Production---s media, to digitize legacy
tapes, to fulfilling requests for IP deliveries, as well as other
tasks that will arise from time to time. Tennis Channel offers
remote/hybrid options for many roles. Responsibilities include but
are not limited to:
- Oversee the management of Tennis Channel---s Avid Interplay
environment (High and Low resolution) and Masstech Archive.
Including archiving, deleting and restoring.
- Ensure all media managers are properly ingesting, cataloging
and delivering content for Tennis Channel studio shows, Tennis
Channel Digital, Tennis Channel Remote Productions, and third-party
- Take the lead in creating and implementing Tennis Channel---s
move to cloud archiving and new workflows for the network---s
- --Oversee and execute the proper movement of Files, ingest,
metadata organization, troubleshooting software and hardware issues
of transcoding and encoding files.
- Stay current with all file-based technology including camera
codecs, wrappers, and encoding workflows.
- Provide expertise/knowledge on best practices, working with
engineering on maintaining our Production systems.
- Oversee and execute the delivery of media with/between
departments such as, Production, Marketing, Digital, Sales, and
- Collaborate with and train other media management staff and
multiple ingest personnel to ensure proper workflows are followed
and fulfill daily requests and records.
- Troubleshoot Avid Media Composer issues.
- Manage all Avid Projects including Original Programming,
Promos, Pregame shows, Matches, teases, and daily requests.
- Manage P2, SD cards, tape stock and hard drives. Required
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years Media Management experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- A deep understanding and experience with Avid products,
including but not limited to: Avid Interplay, Avid Nexus, Avid
Media Central UX, Avid Interplay Delivery, Avid Interplay Archive,
Avid Media Director, Avid Fastserv, Avid Media Composer
- Experience with cloud workflows and cloud migration
- Experience with large volume ingesting
- Experience working with Vantage Telestream workflows
- Experience with FTP clients such as Aspera, Sony Ci, etc.
- Experience with Masstech archive solutions
- Experience in video tape libraries
- Working knowledge of Adobe CC and Final Cut pro, a plus
- Experience in Sports Production a Plus
- Knowledge of Tennis a plus Tennis Channel is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace! About Tennis
Channel Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network,
online streaming service and national print magazine circulation
dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media
hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis
community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the
top ten pay-TV service providers. About Sinclair Make your mark in
Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company
dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have
consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and
now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and
one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country.
Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast
networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks
including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air,
on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital
media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming
service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our
extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our
vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our
employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join
our winning team! About the Team The life-blood of our organization
is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture,
and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a
glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a
strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning
team? Let---s talk.
Keywords: Sinclair Broadcast Group, Santa Monica , Senior Media Manager, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!