Vice President, Business Affairs
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and
on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and
outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment
and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one
choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories
they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about
redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and
embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
HULU is seeking a Vice President of Business Affairs to provide
support to HULU Originals through the negotiation of a myriad of
service deals and acquisition of intellectual property rights. The
VP will also draft, review and negotiate agreements related to the
production, distribution, and acquisition of original
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Negotiate a high volume of service deals for a wide variety of
programming, including scripted, non-scripted, and some
- Partner with the Hulu legal team on drafting contracts and
other issues related to IP matters, unions and guilds, etc.
- Rigorously analyze deal structures and advise on strategy,
costs, talent relations and other information relating to the
development, production, and licensing of Hulu Originals
- Maintain relationships with agents, lawyers and studio
executives throughout entertainment industry.bullet pointsWHAT TO
- JD degree and active member of CA bar or eligible for
Registered In-House Counsel status (Rule 9.46).
- Minimum 7 years prior transactional television knowledge.
Studio experience highly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and negotiation
skills are required.
- Extensive hands-on experience with complex contracts.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with a
demonstrated track record of sound business and legal
- Established relationships within the entertainment and online
business and legal communities.
- Proven track record to work effectively in a fast-paced,
high-volume environment and to remain composed under pressure.
- Must be able to respond to and interact with senior level
creative and business executives in a professional and helpful
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft office applications
including, Word and Excel.Just like the best ensemble casts of our
favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is an inclusive
environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion,
color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual
stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, genetic information, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with
applicable federal, state and local law. Hulu is committed to
providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during
the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: The Walt Disney Company, Santa Monica , Vice President, Business Affairs, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!