Senior Restaurant Manager
Company: Water Grill-Santa Monica
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 12, 2021
For over 25 years, the Water Grill has sated the palates of
seafood lovers in Southern California. Hailed as "the best seafood
in Southern California" by the internationally recognized Zagat
Guide, Water Grill consistently offers dazzling fish preparations
of superior quality and freshness.Here's What We'll Bring To The
- Competitive Salary + Realized Bonus paid out by period [$65K -
$78K, based on experience plus bonus]
- Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Life
insurance, and Pet Healthcare Savings Account
- 401k with a Match
- Education Reimbursement
- Accrued Vacation and Sick Days
- Dining Discount for you and up to 5 guestsOur managers are held
at a high standard with clear expectations to be the leader of the
restaurant, the ambassadors of our product, and the executor of our
hospitality. As the Restaurant Manager, you will be an integral
member of our management team. You will support our seamless
service while continuing to develop and coach your crew. You are
the expert for the front of house operations of the restaurant and
partner with the kitchen to execute quality product and service to
each guest.Once hired, you will be joining a stable company that
has a proven track record of developing successful operators over
the past 30 plus years. You will be fully trained in financial
acumen, quality assurance, daily operations, and leadership. You
will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of operations from
sophisticated operating systems to managing a product centric menu,
to the behind-the-scene process of creating cutting edge restaurant
designs and concepts.Your career path is driven by your own goals
and we are prepared to give you all the tools needed to take you to
any level of leadership you desire. A successful manager with us,
is "standards-driven" and vigilant, showing a high-level of
integrity in their work. They always interact with crewmembers and
Guests in a professional manner and take a positive approach to
resolving issues.Essential Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily operations from ordering, purchasing,
receiving, storage, and preparation of all food products to guest
relations, flow of business, and service standards.
- Oversees the flow of the business during business hours. Being
active in all areas of the restaurant (front desk, bar/lounge,
kitchen, and main dining room) for the whole dining period. Walking
the building to ensure all areas of service are being met to
company standards and course correcting when needed.
- Responsible for financial operations of restaurant: accuracy of
safe, change orders, and bar banks, reconciliation of tips, coding
invoices, calling vendors when needed, manages one operating
account and troubleshooting variances.
- Responsible for all human resource related to the crew.
- Forecasting the need for product based on inventory counts
- Writes the schedules for at least one of the workgroups:
Server, Bartender, Host, Busser, supervisors
- Participates in creativity of developing incentive programs,
generating sales and marketing services.
- Ensures that all food products meet company recipe
specifications for preparation and quality.
- Recognition of crewmembers (coaching)
- Makes labor management decisions each shift
- Participates in interviews and selection of new crew.Essential
- At least 21 years of age.
- Four years of experience as a Manager in any industry.
- Two years of experience as a Manager in full service, high
- College degree in a related field, i.e., business or hotel and
restaurant management, preferred.
- Flexible schedule required-able to work nights, weekends and
- Good longevity in current and past positions
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., 10-20 is typical
- Ability to carry up to 120 feet
- Ability to reach up to 6 feet, 4 is typical
- Ability to work off counter heights of 36 - 42 inches
- Ability to move through 24 inch aisles and spaces as small as
Keywords: Water Grill-Santa Monica, Santa Monica , Senior Restaurant Manager, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!