Packaging Development and Sourcing Manager
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: April 5, 2021
One by one, we are leading a movement to a future where all
beauty is clean beauty. We are powered by people, and our
collective mission is to get safer products into the hands of
everyone. Formulate, advocate & educate- that's our motto for
creating products that truly perform while holding ourselves to
unparalleled standards of safety.
Why? It's really this simple: Beauty should be good for you.
We are looking for a Packaging Development & Sourcing Manager who
can support Beautycounter's rapid growth and product expansion.
This role will focus primarily on supporting new product packaging
development of skin/body/hair care and cosmetic products, while
managing assigned projects with suppliers and cross-functional
teams. Action towards meeting key deliverables and timelines,
collaborating directly with key packaging vendors, contract
manufacturers, and kit assembly partners.
In This Role You Will
- New Product Launches: Engage with Marketing and Product
Innovation teams to support new development and repackaging
- Manages every portion of the approval process between internal
and external partners, ensures alignment at every step of the
design and handover process to Supply Chain.
- Leverage new and current suppliers to source new materials with
a focus on meeting COGS, margin targets, quality, on-time delivery
and towards company sustainability objectives.
- Support Sourcing and Buying teams in maintaining packaging
vendor partnerships via second sourcing, negotiating costs, and
developing safety stock programs.
- Oversee project tracking system across assigned projects
between relevant departments, packaging engineer/designers,
sourcing team and vendors.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Creative teams via
weekly/periodical new packaging aesthetic review meetings and
elevate risks where needed.
- Review and comprehend packaging specifications in order to
perform fit/form/function testing across new products.
- Finalize and approve PPS samples/drawdowns, while maintaining
physical library of primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging
- Establish bills of materials in collaboration with Sourcing
team in preparation of RFQs, submitting purchase order requisitions
for new materials with Planning team.
- Manage the assembly, standardization, and maintenance of
Finished Goods specifications.
- Collaborate cross functionally with internal stakeholders (PD,
R&D, Product Marketing, Supply Chain and Packaging) to develop
and roll out processes to increase company efficiency.
- At least five years in a well-respected consumer goods
organization with a track record of results managing projects
within direct material and packaging categories.
- Strong project management skills, including stakeholder,
timeline, and meeting management skills.
- Relevant understanding of packaging manufacturing and contract
manufacturing production processes.
- Experience in product development and commercialization
timelines and communicating to vendors and third-party
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced while possessing
strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and
presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal
stakeholders and external audiences.
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual;
able to motivate him/herself and others; easily accepts
constructive input from others.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, supply chain, or
- MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Adobe
Illustrator and digital software platforms for packaging artwork &
design a plus.
- Proficient in relevant supply chain and business software,
including MRP and ERP Systems.
At Beautycounter we are committed to creating a diverse environment
and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
Keywords: Beautycounter, Santa Monica , Packaging Development and Sourcing Manager, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!