Manager, Application & Data Engineering
Company: DKKD INC aka DKKD Staffing
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Manager, Application & Data Engineering LOCATION: Santa Monica,
Ca - Relocation offeredSALARY: To be discussedNOT open to Corp to
Corp - Direct Hire onlyThose authorized to work in US, encouraged
to apply. DKKD Staffing does not sponsor. No outside agencies
please. Job Description We are looking for a Manager, Application &
Data Engineering to help engineer, develop and support software
applications, tools, and data management pipelines for our clients'
research and clinical purposes. The ideal candidate should have
expertise in the life sciences designing, implementing, and
maintaining robust, scalable application systems (especially R
Shiny).In addition, the Manager would assess various datasets (both
unstructured and structured) to determine data relationships, model
datasets for loading/storing in relational databases, and create
new data pipelines and ETL processes working closely with various
teams across the company. We are looking for somebody who places
value on problem-solving, has the willingness to learn, a passion
for security, great communication, and accountability. This is the
perfect opportunity to bring your cutting-edge engineering know-how
and join our quest in curing cancer and take your career to the
next level. Responsibilities
- Develop and contribute to an enterprise architecture standard
that ensures scalability and agility in the delivery of business
- Partner effectively with other IT leaders to identify potential
shared platform solutions that can be leveraged across multiple
business areas/regions to minimize redundant solutions.
- Create software and data pipelines that enable the ingestion,
transformation and transfer of large quantities of structured and
unstructured research and clinical data from various databases and
- Design and build database logic to automatically fetch and
store data in various forms.
- Be responsible for application and database development and the
design of high-performance, complex systems.
- Produce required functional, technical, and user documentation
(e.g., business requirements, functional and technical
specifications, system architecture, data flows, end-users training
requirements) on assigned projects.
- Collaborate with scientists and IT operations to build
scientific tools and data systems in order to build a new
generation of cancer treatments.
- Work with business customers to understand their needs. Develop
and deliver products that meet their needs in a timely manner.
- Implement engineering best practices in all development
- Provide technical leadership and oversight over vendor partners
to ensure that solutions align with the overall enterprise
architecture and follow best practices.Basic Qualifications:
- MS Degree and 5+ years' experience in Industry as a Data
Engineer/similar role OR
- BS Degree and 7+ years' experience in Industry as a Data
Engineer/similar role OR
- High School Degree and 11+ years' experience in Industry as a
Data Engineer/similar rolePreferred Qualifications:NOTE: When
applying, please address each bullet point indicating your # of
years experience and last year performed. Elaborate where necessary
to help you get the interview.
- 6+ years of experience in working on Data Science projects
- Extensive experience in R, Python, or related language.
- 4+ years of experience in R Shiny front-end development
- 4+ years of experience in the development of SQL database
schema and query logic.
- Experience with data warehouse architecture for large
quantities of structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with the design, detailed testing, and documentation
of complex systems.
- Experience with version control standard methodologies
(specifically git and Github).
- Experience with research data management software (ex,
- Experience with modern DevOps practices & technologies (e.g.
Docker, Jenkins, Terraform)
- Experience with design and architecture of Data Lakes
- Expertise with Bioinformatics tools and pipelines (ex, Seven
Bridges)HOW TO APPLYNOTE: Our site does NOT accept DocX resumes and
documents.Keep in mind we get hundreds of applicants.Please supply
the following details to help us respond faster to you and get the
information to the client as quickly as possible.We use the
following details in the body of the email to quickly summarize for
the client's review along with your resume.Resume tailored to the
- Samples of work or portfolio if applicable:
- Summarized details about your years and level of overall
experience applicable to the job: (please do not say "see
- Please explain your experience as it relates to the specific
- Staff overseen:(please break down how many direct reports,
titles and overall staff)
- Budgetary Responsibility: (if applicable) $
- Availability and please explain why you are looking for a new
- Hourly/salary expectations:
- Best contact info:
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States on a
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for
employment visa status:
- We are unable to support H1b, TN, etc. candidates.
- City, State, Zip & desired geographic work location:
- Are you willing to relocate:
- Your Linked In profile:
- Who Referred You/ How did you hear about this opening:Connect
with us on Linked In: LinkedIn.com/in/DianeKrehbiel We get 100's of
applicants applying to us. Please see instructions above on how to
apply to help us. - provided by Dice
Keywords: DKKD INC aka DKKD Staffing, Santa Monica , Manager, Application & Data Engineering, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!