Company: Activision Blizzard
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Team Name: Job Title: Network Engineer Requisition ID: R013186
Our World Activision Blizzard, Inc., a member of the S&P 500,
is the world's most successful standalone interactive entertainment
company. We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users
around the world through franchises including Activision's Call of
Duty -, Destiny and Skylanders -, Blizzard's World of Warcraft -,
Overwatch -, Hearthstone -, Diablo -, StarCraft -, and Heroes of
the Storm -, and King's Candy Crush---, Pet Rescue---, Bubble
Witch--- and Farm Heroes---. The company is one of the Fortune"100
Best Companies to Work For -". Headquartered in Santa Monica,
California, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the
world, and its games are played in 196 countries. More information
about Activision Blizzard and its products and services can be
found on the company's website, Your Mission Activision Blizzard is
looking for a talented Network Engineer to help support the
corporate global enterprise network. Engineer will perform day to
day operational duties and be an escalation point for other support
teams when needed. This individual will also serve as a key
resource on projects, working directly with project managers to
implement network related technology solutions. Engineer will part
of our of the Activision Blizzard King team that will be
responsible in managing and supporting the Blizzard and King infra
also; strong communication and interpersonal skills are required,
as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
- First responder and escalation to incident and request tickets
from Activision Blizzard's users and teams.
- Perform daily network system monitoring and environmental
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting the operation of
the network infrastructure.
- Assist in design, documentation, configuration, integration,
and installation network infrastructure.
- Able to implement complex projects and time-sensitive tasks
under minimal supervision.
- Provide 24X7 on call support as part of an on-call
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Able and willing to lift 50lbs Player Profile:
- Intermediate knowledge of networking systems, protocols,
software and technologies including but not limited to routers,
switches, load balancers, WAN technologies.
- Understanding of WAN/LAN/DMZ/etc., VPN's, TCP/IP, DNS, VLANs,
etc. in a distributed environment.
- Experience in LAN/WAN technologies - fiber, ethernet, WiFi ,
- Background in design, configuration and troubleshooting of
routing protocols OSPF, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP; VRF and or PBF.
- Experience with enterprise network switching and routers
- Experience with cabling technologies - Category 5, Category 6,
Single & Multi-Mode Fiber
- Background in packet analysis (Wireshark) or similar tools
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of computer security systems, applications,
procedures and techniques.
- Ability to generate reports in short notice using tools like
Visio, Spreadsheets (or similar) and explain solutions and explain
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with
little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with
- Experience working in an enterprise datacenter environment
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Network Certifications (CCNA/CCNP/JNCIS/JNCIP)
- Experience with Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX and or Palo Alto Network
- Experience with Juniper QFX and EX switches, and Juniper MX
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst/ Nexus Switches, and or ISR/ASR
- Experience with Aruba or similar wireless technologies
- Experience with Cisco ISE/Aruba Clearpass
- Experience with monitoring tools (Solarwinds, LibreMNS,
- Experience with Load Balancing technologies (F5, A10)
- A passion for video games Your Platform Activision Blizzard is
headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams
across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and
other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and
Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the
best ideas combine with unrivaled rigor to create the biggest and
best entertainment experiences in the world. * The video game
industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will
continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of
this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to
promote and support our business and relationships with industry
Keywords: Activision Blizzard, Santa Monica , Network Engineer, Engineering , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!