Engineering Manager, API
Company: ReCharge Payments
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: January 9, 2022
We're looking for a Software Engineering Manager to manage one
of our member Platform API teams. As an API-focused platform this
team is building REST API's to provide the foundation on which our
company is powered, and will be responsible for creating a single
interface into all of Recharge's data. Our stack includes: Python,
Flask, Jinja, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached,
serverless backend services What you'll do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership,
- Manage a first-class engineering team that will scale as the
company and business grows, identifying and filling any team
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus
on creating a working environment that fosters collaboration, open
communication and delivering outcomes.
- Be responsible for Platform API team output and hands on
day-to-day writing and reviewing code.
- Constantly improve team productivity, refine processes, and
create methods to increase efficiency.
- Investigate, analyze, and evangelize programming methodologies
such as test-driven development, pair programming, etc.
- Perform personnel management tasks for a team of developers,
including performance reviews, compliance with company policies,
mentoring, and helping plan career growth.
- Train new software engineers on our best practices, standards,
culture, and policies.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering Director and
VP of Engineering in setting roadmap and priorities to ensure
deliverables are met as well as raising concerns identified early
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech
debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve
engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Encourage active participation in all phases of the project
lifecycle, and work with project management to remove impediments
and provide visibility to stakeholders.
- Willingness to be a player-coach and lead product initiatives
with an engineering team. What you'll bring
- Typically, 8+ years of relevant engineering experience in fast
- 4+ years experience managing development teams, preferably with
- 3+ years prior experience programming in at least one OO
language (python preferred)
- 3+ years experience with RESTful API's
- 2+ years experience in cloud-native environments such as GCP,
AWS, or Azure
- Track record of meeting schedules on time; clearly defining
deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance
multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to
successful project completion
- Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor and coach who
understands how to successfully integrate into a team of talented
- Exceptional analytical, communication and interpersonal
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling
Keywords: ReCharge Payments, Santa Monica , Engineering Manager, API, Engineering , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!