Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 14, 2021
We are an ambitious team that's transforming the way people achieve
a beautiful, more confident smile. No longer do you have to step
inside the orthodontist office to create the smile of your dreams.
With a click of a button, you are on the road to making those
dreams a reality. Our doctor-directed, at-home system makes it
easy, safe and affordable for everyone.
We also believe that a job should do more than pay the bills. It
should fill you with a sense of purpose. The kind you feel when
you're a part of something BIG.
Interested? Let's talk.
As we build our in-house creative team, we are looking for a
passionate, conceptual, and creatively dynamic Senior Copywriter
with a strong brand and consumer product copywriting background to
help us craft and tell the Byte story as we build brand awareness
and affinity for new and existing customers around the world.
The ideal Senior Copywriter candidate is a human-centric
storyteller at heart who is driven by compelling creative
excellence across all mediums-maintaining and advancing the voice,
tone and cohesion of the Byte brand. They are incredibly organized
and proactive, have excellent written and verbal communication
skills, and thrive in both a team setting and independently-working
efficiently while taking initiative and navigating multiple
projects and timelines. They not only have their finger on the
pulse of all things culture, advertising, social channels, blogs,
and creative trends [current and past], but are also an expert at
understanding how to extract, distill, and transform their
inspirations and ideas into effective business solutions that drive
innovation and deliver best-in-class creative.
What You Will Do:
- Report to and collaborate with our Creative Director on the
development, execution, and evolution of the Byte brand voice,
tone, and messaging.
- Define, refine, and manage messaging across the creative
spectrum, including but not limited to brand-level messaging,
compelling campaign concepts and copy, scripts and video
treatments, paid and organic social copy, packaging, CRM,
e-commerce, blogs, digital initiatives, and other consumer
experiences and touchpoints.
- Partner with our Art Director on ensuring the Byte brand voice
and tone are clearly and consistently expressed in every asset and
- Collaborate with creative, marketing leadership, e-commerce,
and other internal teams to understand message priorities, respond
to creative requests and deliver against copy needs for each team
ensuring the overall creative brief and strategic and business
objectives are achieved.
- Present creatively approved concepts, scripts, treatments,
blogs, and more to internal cross-functional teams, leadership, and
external partners with enthusiasm, clarity and efficiency.
- Create and maintain a copy style guide to define and formalize
the Byte brand voice and tone for all consumer-facing copy.
- Proactively monitor and disperse knowledge of copy best
practices for digital media and other channels, ensuring adaptation
to these trends and changing best practices.
- Proof layouts and copy to ensure that work is aligned with
brand voice and tone and that proper grammar/spelling is used.
- Own the approval and feedback loops with teams or freelancers
who create brand copy, coaching and providing documentation that
enables them to uphold our voice and brand standards.
- Guide, mentor, and inspire junior and mid-level copywriters to
creatively grow, improve, succeed, and advance toward collective
and individual goals, while challenging them to embrace new ways of
- Maintain an open, collaborative, positive, and inclusive work
What You Will Bring:
- 5-7 years copywriting experience in-house for a brand, at a
creative agency or media publication.
- A strong portfolio of relevant work, exhibiting a background
and fluency in branding, campaigns, digital, print, packaging,
social, video scripts/treatments, and long-form/editorial
- Deep understanding of how to write across different channels
and touchpoints for different audiences, using channel best
practices to customize copy as needed.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the relationship between great
copy and great design.
- Experience partnering and creatively collaborating with
e-commerce teams, ensuring cohesive creative output of the highest
- Proven success writing copy for a variety of industries and
verticals with the ability to bridge a connection between business
needs, creative vision, and consumer interests.
- Thorough understanding of today's creative landscape and how
people and consumers engage with content from digital to physical
products, environments and experiences.
- Astute attention to detail and meticulous organizational skills
in service of your creative projects.
- Ability to collaborate with and creatively manage external
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills; adept at
communicating and defending creative work.
- A positive mentality with proven ability to flex and adapt to
changing business needs while maintaining creative quality.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with proactive approach to identifying
and acting on ways to improve the work, continually pushing the
vision of the Byte brand forward.
- Competitive base pay
- Industry leading benefits package that includes:
- Health, Vision and FREE dental plan
- Generous Paid Time Off and (8) Paid Holidays a year
- Matching 401(k) program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Awesome aligner and whitening benefits for you and your
- And a variety of personal assistance programs to help enrich
your life in and out of the office
Keywords: Byte, Santa Monica , Senior Copywriter, Advertising , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!