Finance Operations Coordinator
Company: Lincoln Avenue Capital
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: September 21, 2023
We are seeking a dynamic and skilled Finance Operations
Coordinator to join our Finance teams. This role is a unique
opportunity to contribute to diverse legal and tax matters. With a
focus on finance-related procedures and a collaborative approach,
you'll play an integral part in supporting internal and external
As the Finance Operations Coordinator for our Finance Department,
you will undertake a wide array of responsibilities including KYC
support, managing vesting schedules, tax-related tasks, conducting
research, and more. A background in finance or banking is preferred
for the most success in this role. Strong organizational and
project management skills will be crucial as you assist in
maintaining accurate records and documents. A proactive mindset and
the ability to navigate complex finance-related procedures will be
essential in excelling in this role. This role is multifaceted in
that it support the team in maintaining legal compliance and
At our company, we believe that providing excellent service to
stakeholders across the organization is paramount. As such, you'll
be directly contributing to our mission-driven initiatives and
playing a key role in helping us achieve our goals. As an expertly
managed and well-capitalized company, we offer outstanding career
growth opportunities. This role is perfect for a legal professional
who is eager to learn and grow, and who wants to be a part of a
supportive and incredible team.
This position reports to the Director of Finance & Director of
Family Office and works closely with our Chief Financial Officer.
The role is based in downtown Santa Monica, with the option to work
in-office 2-3 days per week. We welcome and encourage folks from
all backgrounds to apply!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide KYC support by assisting with guarantor due diligence
for credit underwriting/bond applications, handling KYC requests
for bank account set-up, and maintaining an NDA tracker while
coordinating NDA sign-offs with counterparties.
- Maintain vesting schedules for employees, ensuring accurate and
- Manage and track employee 83bs and provide grant agreement
support as needed.
- Support tax-related tasks such as compiling and distributing
K-1 packages, handling the mailing of tax returns and tax payments,
and coordinating/following up on tax notices.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of signature pages
for various legal documents.
- Aid in filling out subscription agreements, supplemental forms,
signatures, and notarized signatures.
- Act as an intermediary between the Family Office and the
company's legal team, collaborating on various short and long-term
- Draft intra-family loan documents as required.
- Provide assistance with personal annual tax filing deadlines,
including the tracking of tax documents.
- Conduct legal and tax research as needed to support Family
- Maintain the document management system, ensuring all documents
are properly organized and accessible according to company policies
- Interact professionally and courteously with various
stakeholders across the company, including the board of directors,
colleagues, clients, and third parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work and operate independently with minimal
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in software for tracking tasks and communicating
- Knowledgeable of legal and real estate terminology.
- Exceptional document drafting and proof-reading skills.
- Team-oriented mindset and champion of the Company's
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- CA notary license required.
- 4+ years' experience as a paralegal in finance or banking.
- Experience working with a family office a plus.
The expected base salary range for the role is $70,000 - $90,000.
This represents the current range and is subject to change. To
determine starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors,
including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate's
skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. Our
comprehensive total rewards package offers more than just a salary.
- Performance-based bonuses
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your
- 401(k) plan with employer matching and immediate vesting
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous PTO, holidays, and sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Employee referral incentives
- Fun company and team-building events
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
Lincoln Avenue Capital (LAC) is a dynamic and entrepreneurial real
estate private equity firm that strengthens communities. As the
fastest-growing developer, investor, and operator of affordable and
workforce housing in the country, we provide high-quality,
sustainable homes for lower- and moderate-income individuals,
seniors, and families nationwide. LAC serves residents across 25
states, with a portfolio of 120+ properties comprising of 20,000+
At LAC, our team is our greatest asset. We recognize that our
success is directly tied to the dedication, expertise, and passion
of our professionals who strive to make a positive impact on the
lives of our residents and communities. Our team members work
collaboratively to create and implement innovative solutions that
bring long-term value to our stakeholders and the communities we
serve. We take pride in cultivating a team of top-tier individuals
who are committed to excellence, innovation, and results, and we're
seeking diverse and talented professionals who share our vision of
raising the standards in affordable housing. We invite you to
explore opportunities to join our team at LAC!
Keywords: Lincoln Avenue Capital, Santa Monica , Finance Operations Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!