Market Financial Center Manager
Company: Bank of America
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Market Financial Center Manager page is loaded Market Financial
Center Manager Apply locations Santa Monica time type Full time
posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job requisition id 23016055 Job
Description:At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose
to help make financial lives better through the power of every
connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we
deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders
every day.One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a
great place to work for our teammates around the world. We're
devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We
hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences
and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering
competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and
financial well-being.Bank of America believes both in the
importance of working together and offering flexibility to our
employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility,
depending on the various roles in our organization.Working at Bank
of America will give you a great career with opportunities to
learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a
difference. Join us!Job Description:This role is responsible for
supporting a cluster of Financial Centers in designated markets in
the absence of the assigned financial center manager and as a
market-level resource. Key responsibilities of the role include
managing as a business owner fostering a team environment and
instilling an effective client-centric and risk culture. These
individuals drive operational excellence, ensuring that all aspects
of the financial center run effectively and cohesively. This
position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant
to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential
loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry
system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires
SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to
submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration
process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration
may result in disciplinary action up to and including
- Operates as a back up financial center leader within a
- Manages client traffic, engaging and appropriately routing
clients and fostering client retention
- Manages business results through formalized management routines
- Creates a world class client experience environment
- Manages market-level initiative prescribed by market
- Drives operational excellenceThis position may also have
responsibilities for managing associates. At Bank of America, all
managers at this level demonstrate the following responsibilities,
in addition to those specific to the role, listed above.Managerial
- Diversity & Inclusion: Model an inclusive environment for
employees and clients, aligned to company D&I goals.
- Manager of Process & Data: Demonstrate deep process knowledge,
operational excellence and innovation through a focus on
simplicity, data-based decision making and continuous
- Enterprise Advocate: Communicate enterprise decisions, purpose
and results, and connect to team strategy, priorities and
- Risk Manager: Ensure proper risk discipline, controls and
culture are in place to identify, escalate and debate issues.
- People Manager & Coach: Provide inspection, coaching and
feedback to motivate, differentiate and improve performance.
- Financial Steward: Actively manage expenses and budgets in
alignment with objectives, making sound financial decisions.
- Enterprise Talent Leader: Assess talent and build bench
strength for roles across the organization.
- Driver of Business Outcomes: Deliver results by effectively
prioritizing, inspecting and appropriately delegating
- 1+ years leadership experience demonstrated through one or a
combination of the following: coaching, training, or motivating a
diverse work team
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with others
outside of reporting authority to achieve shared goals
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to resolve
problems independently or escalate as needed to promote customer
- Strong financial and business acumen including experience in
leading managers and interpreting financial reports to drive
- Proven record of balancing risk and making sound decisions
while achieving business goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to easily
engage others in dialogue, convey sincere interest in
building/deepening relationships, and demonstrate a commitment to
providing personalized service
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage
multiple responsibilities, prioritize and delegate while delivering
- Strong communication skills (including verbal, non-verbal,
written and presentation) and active listening skills
- Proficiency in computer skills and professional programs (for
example, Microsoft Office)
- Ability to pass pre-employment assessments and compliance
- Availability to work weekends and/or extended hours as required
to run the business
- Must be able to travel to any financial center within the
defined marketDesired Skills:
- 1+ years management experience including hiring, coaching, and
developing direct reports
- Experience in the following industries: Consumer
banking/financial services, mortgage, retail or hospitality
- Undergraduate degree
- Bilingual (fluent verbal and written)Skills Used in this Role:
- Risk Management
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Establishing Trust
- Learning Agility
- Overcoming Objections
- Performance Management
- Demonstrating Technology
- Time Management
- Sales Management
- Cash Management
- Building RapportShift:1st shift (United States of America)Hours
Per Week: -40 Similar Jobs (1) Market Financial Center Manager
locations Santa Monica time type Full time posted on Posted 3 Days
Ago About Us Bank of America is committed to help employees through
the transition period when they're displaced as a result of a
workforce reduction, realignment or similar measure. Please review
the resume writing and interviewing tips provided below to help
prepare you for your next career opportunity.
Getting started Regardless of the position you are interested in,
the starting points to building your resume are the same:
1. -Determine the job or types of jobs you want to do and research
their responsibilities and qualifications.
2. -Think about why you can do the job and make a list of your
skills that are relative to the job.
3. -Identify experiences or accomplishments that show your
proficiency in the skills required for the job.
4. -Summarize your abilities, accomplishments and skills into a
brief, concise document.
- Considerations when writing a resume
--- -Do be brief. Resumes should be 1-2 pages in length.
--- -Do be upbeat and active in your wording.
--- -Do emphasize what you have done clearly and concretely.
--- -Do be neat and well organized.
--- -Do have others proofread and critique your resume. Spell
check. Make it error free.
--- -Do use high quality, white or light colored 8 - x 11 paper.
Use a laser printer if possible.
--- -Don't be dishonest, always tell the truth about yourself in
the most flattering light.
--- -Don't include salary history or requirements.
--- -Don't include references.
--- -Don't include accomplishments that do not support your
--- Don't include anything that isn't relevant. (For example, don't
mention your fondness for swimming unless you want to work on the
--- -Don't use italics, underlining, shadows or other fancy
treatments. Seven steps to a successful interview
1. -Anticipate -Put yourself in the interviewer's position. What do
you believe the interviewer is most interested in? Why do you think
you have been invited to interview?
2. -Research -What are the primary functions of the line of
business? What are the success factors for the job? Is there a job
3. -Assess -Think about your skills, abilities, knowledge,
interests, traits, values and accomplishments. Match them to what
you know about the job. Consider which ones you should
4. -Prepare Answers -Think about what the interviewer may ask,
determine what the best answer is and write it down.
5. -Prepare Questions - Interviewing is a two-way street. By asking
thoughtful questions, you communicate your interest and learn a lot
about the job. Choose two or three questions to ask your
interviewer. Avoid asking a lot of questions about vacation time or
6. -Practice - It may seem awkward, but it is the best way to come
across well in an interview. Practice your own "great responses"
with others or in front of a mirror until you appear relaxed and at
7. -Follow-up - Send a brief follow-up letter to the interviewer.
Keep in mind that the many job searchers will not send a follow-up
letter. Sending one can become a competitive advantage. Pay
Privacy Statement -
Keywords: Bank of America, Santa Monica , Market Financial Center Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!