Senior Accounting Manager
Company: SUGARED + BRONZED
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: March 12, 2023
About Sugared + BronzedSugared + Bronzed revolutionized airbrush
tanning with a proprietary solution and revived an all-natural,
ancient Egyptian form of hair removal called sugaring. S+B is a
one-stop shop to prepare for any vacation, wedding, red carpet
event - or to simply feel like your best self. We're extremely
passionate about providing exceptional services in beautiful,
upbeat, and welcoming spaces that make your appointment something
to look forward to!Position OverviewThe Senior Accounting Manager
has responsibility for the coordination and execution of all
financial related activities for Sugared + Bronzed. This individual
will manage the daily, weekly, and monthly accounting operations
and financial services of the company, including accounting and
financial reporting.Essential Responsibilities
- Developing and/or overseeing all accounting and audit, control,
financial reporting, and banking activities for multiple
- Performance of daily reconciliation of cash and credit sales
and make all appropriate journal entries.
- Performing all AP functions.
- Maintaining fixed asset records and control; processing monthly
depreciation journals to the general ledger.
- Performing perfunctory responsibilities related to payables -
review, code and pay invoices, etc.
- Maintaining electronic accounts payable files and aging report
pursuant to company policy.
- Supervising the processing of payroll and employee expenses and
- Addressing vendor and/or location personnel inquiries regarding
payment status of invoices.
- Ensuring compliance with timely submission of all required
federal, state, and local filings.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Processing and verifying expense reports submitted by
authorized company employees, payroll, and consultants, where
- Maintaining general ledger and reconciling various accounts as
- Developing and maintaining a monthly accounting calendar.
- Maintaining files of documents and support for all journal
entries and company transactions in the accounting system to
support regulatory and audit requirements.
- Preparing and disseminating interim and year-end comparative
- Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of budgets and
- Developing and implementing accounting policies and assisting
with the development and implementation of company systems and
- Partner with CFO to manage external auditors and annual
- Assist with various programming maintenance, such as
troubleshooting technical issues between the POS and accounting
software and EDI programming for accounts payable.
- Establish, implement, and monitor financial controls, which
would include approvals and authorizations and a review of all
financial processes and financial systems in conjunction with the
Chief Financial Officer and Executive Management Team.
- Establish and oversee the policies and filing of government
reports, audit, and tax forms.
- Prepare the annual financial statements for the business,
including working paper support for the review of any of the
Company's outside accountants. This role would include proactive
management of audit and accounting fees.
- Partner with a new store development team on all Accounting
needs to successfully open new locations.What we're looking for:
- BA/BS in Accounting and/or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant - CPA
- Minimum of five (5) years total experience as a Senior
Accountant/Accounting Manager including two (2) years supervisory
experience of one (1) or more direct reports, preferably in a
multi-location environment that includes rapid growth expansion
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, QuickBooks and retail POS and
- Experience in GAAP, Accounts Payable, Audits, Fixed Assets,
General Ledger, Budgeting, Financial Reporting & Analysis.
- Evidence of ability to manage for achievement of company
goals.What we offer:
- A fast paced environment that's open to change + new ideas
- Healthcare (Medical, Dental Vision)
- Free sugaring + tanning services
- Upward mobility + growth potentialSalary Range:
Keywords: SUGARED + BRONZED, Santa Monica , Senior Accounting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...