Company: Clocktower Group
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Clocktower Group is hiring for a Fund Accountant to join our
collaborative, entrepreneurial team in Los Angeles, CA. -Clocktower
Group is an alternative asset management firm, but we are not your
traditional financial services company. - We believe successful
investment approaches are predicated on sharing ideas, insights,
and most importantly, building strong relationships. - We have a
variety of offerings, spanning hedge fund and venture capital
investing, advisory services, and an in-house strategy team that
provides research on macroeconomics, geopolitics, and policy. -
Building relationships is at the core of what we do, and that
includes building an innovative and empowered team.Clocktower
Technology Ventures (CTV), a technology investing arm within
Clocktower Group, is a financial services innovation venture
capital practice. We partner with phenomenal entrepreneurs who have
the vision and drive to reinvent financial services. -If you are
passionate about technology, a geek for financial services, and
take pride in delivering excellence, we want you to join us.What
- Venture Valuation. You'll assist with the quarterly valuation
process on portfolio companies and assess financing and
capitalization events to determine impact to fund performance and
equity holdings. You will help develop and maintain fund
performance modeling and investment attribution analysis for both
internal and external reporting.
- Fund Accounting. -Youll work with the Operations Team and with
our fund administrators on the monthly and quarterly NAV accounting
for our hedge fund seeding and venture capital funds. - This
includes maintaining a shadow book to verify and approve the
administrators calculations and participating in the valuation
committee in determining valuations for venture portfolio
companies. - Additionally, you will work with the funds auditors to
finalize the annual audited financials.
- Fund Operations. -Youll work with the team to plan and execute
capital calls, perform cash reconciliations, manage fund wires and
cash flows, and monitor and pay fund expenses.
- Fund Launches. - Youll assist with the operational aspects of
launching new fund products and co-investment vehicles, including
onboarding service providers, opening bank accounts, and
coordinating with internal and external legal counsel on entity
formation and fund documents.
- Hedge Fund Seeding. Youll play an integral role in helping our
hedge fund seeds launch and grow their businesses, leveraging your
own expertise as well as that of our seed investors to provide best
practices to seed managers. Your expertise will also contribute to
our due diligence efforts on potential seeds.Qualifications:
- BS in Accounting and -Finance.
- 1-3+ years experience at an asset management firm or public
- Hedge fund, VC, and/or private equity accounting experience
preferred, but not required.
- Strong technical skills and analytical ability, good judgment,
and a strong operational focus.
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- This role must be onsite 3 days per week in our Santa Monica
- We currently require that all personnel and visitors to our
office are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or wear a
face covering. -What youll get:
- Joining an elite team that works with some of the most
sophisticated investors in the world.
- Independence to run with your ideas.
- All the resources youll need to learn and grow.
- World-class benefits
- Delicious, healthy lunches and snacks
- Fully-paid, top-tier medical coverage and other perks
- Beautiful office space with amazing ocean viewsClocktower Group
is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, or any other status protected by law.Powered by
Keywords: Clocktower Group, Santa Monica , Fund Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!