Executive Assistant to Cofounder- Venture Capital
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Our client, an investment partner to exceptional entrepreneurs
building leading growth-stage companies, is seeking an Executive
Assistant to support the co-founder and Managing Partner, as well
as their Head of Investor Relations, and to enable them to do more
with less time. The ideal candidate is hyper-organized, has an
excellent eye for detail, exhibits business judgment, and has an
exceptional memoryCompany: Venture Capital FirmPosition: Executive
AssistantLocation: Santa Monica, CAHours: 8:30-6 or so (OT as
needed)Salary: 140K range depending on experience + excellent
benefits + bonus eligibleDegree Required: YesResponsibilities of
the Executive Assistant
- Act as a gatekeeper, managing calendars to schedule both
internal and external meetings, and screening incoming emails and
- Balance / Prioritize conflicting needs, applying business
judgment and discretion
- Track tasks and projects to ensure appropriate prioritization
with respect to deadlines and organizational changes
- Protect personal time to ensure execs are able to maintain peak
performance for when they are 'on'
- Performing confidential administrative responsibilities that
saves their time
- Get the executives to where they need to be, when they need to
- Arrange heavy international and domestic travel itineraries in
a thoughtful and intentional way: hotels, flights, cars, meals,
buffer times, etc.
- Plan itineraries that fit the executive's preferences,
including the right types of restaurants, hotels, and services
- Determine what needs to be in-person versus over VC
- Confirm conference rooms and / or locations, attendees, and
times for meetings, and noticing / handling when there are gaps
(even if they are from the 'other side')
- Arrange personal travel arrangements for themselves and their
- Anticipate needs and provide high-level executive
administrative support that improves efficiency and
- Prepare detailed travel and expense reports, including
reconciling corporate card accounts and follow through/follow-up on
- Identify ways to enhance executive productivity and
organizational effectiveness, proposing and helping drive execution
- Serve as a brand ambassador and representative of the execs in
all communications with internal and external parties
- Manage the content and flow of information to other internal
stakeholders (Department Heads, etc.); create ad hoc reports and
presentations as needed
- Prepare and edit outgoing correspondence regarding matters of
significance, including emails, memos, presentations, etc.
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all
materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the
businessRequirements of the Executive Assistant
- 7+ years of senior-level EA experience, including to busy
C-suite execs in a fast-paced, demanding environment. Has worked
with the highest and most demanding level of executive.
- Intrinsic sense of urgency and desire to get things done at a
high level of quality. Incredibly proactive and able to take
initiative and work efficiently with little direction. Does things
without being asked, because they simply care and take pride in
- Strong, compelling verbal and written communications that
balance professionalism with the right tone and are appropriately
tailored to the audience.
- Sees the potential downside in everything, and plans
workarounds proactively. Is someone who is bothered by mistakes and
errors and seeks to correct them.
- Business acumen and the ability to quickly connect the dots on
what the exec needs.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
with an optimistic approach to work and life. This can be an
intense job at times, and we need (and will compensate) people who
can keep up.
- Organized with keen attention to detail. Ability to multi-task
and always remembering to follow-up.
- Humility to say "I need help" balanced with resourcefulness to
figure things out.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, programs and
applications. Has expert knowledge of Google Suite and Apple's
Keywords: Glocap, Santa Monica , Executive Assistant to Cofounder- Venture Capital, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!