Company: Beauty Counter
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Beautycounter is the leader in clean skin care, makeup, and
personal care, with a mission to get safer products into the hands
ofeveryone. We go above and beyond clean to set the highest bar in
beauty through our safety standards-including ingredient
transparency, sustainable packaging, and responsible sourcing.
Launched in 2013 as a direct-to-consumer retail beauty brand and
Certified B Corporation, we develop and distribute
approximately100products across our collections in skincare,
makeup, men's, and personal care in the U.S. and Canada.
Beautycounter and global investment firm The Carlyle Group have
announced that Carlyle has acquired a majority stake in
Beautycounter. The partnership will allow Beautycounter to
accelerate its strategic initiatives, including increasing brand
awareness as well as bolstering the company's innovative,
integrated, omni-channel business model. The transaction values the
company at $1 billion. The Payroll Manager will oversee and
supervise Beautycounter's payroll functions, ensuring pay is
processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government
- Manage full cycle, semi-monthly payroll processing for
employees across U.S. and Canada. Process off-cycle and special
payrolls, including manual checks, as needed.
- Manage and monitor the payroll function (including tax and
systems administration) to ensure appropriate control procedures
have been established and are being followed.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, timekeeping, and
tax procedures in order to recommend and implement innovative
changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Maintain complete understanding of all applicable federal/state
wage and hour laws related to payroll, including garnishments,
benefits and taxes.
- Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, quarterly filings, YTD
- Ensure that all record-keeping and reporting meets organization
and legal requirements.
- Provide and model exemplary customer service.
- Update payroll procedures and policies when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 5-7 years of experience as a payroll manager
- Strong working knowledge of Excel - pivot tables, v lookup, sum
- Strong in-house payroll experience, including application
- Vast knowledge in Payroll Accounting
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage
multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication
skills. At Beautycounter we are committed to creating a diverse
environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status.
Keywords: Beauty Counter, Santa Monica , Payroll Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!